Woman Promotes Freedom after Brother's September 11 Death

Many Americans know one date for sure: September 11, 2001. They refer to it in shorthand - 9/11 - the day nearly 3,000 people died when terrorists hijacked four planes and crashed two of them into the World Trade Center in New York. One woman's life was permanently changed with the loss of her brother. Now, she channels her emotions into a performance about freedom. VOA's Carolyn Presutti brings us her words and the unique photo that may have been left behind by her brother.

Related news:

100+ Comments:

Kenzie Harris24
Kenzie Harris24:
18 years ago..still feels like it happened yesterday...rip everyone who died that day. 🙏😔
ski past
ski past:
Rip everyone who died except the terrorist
Ariana Beesley
Ariana Beesley:
Rest in peace all the people who lost their lives that day. 18 years on & it still breaks my heart.
Alice Avery
Alice Avery:
R.I.P everyone who died this day 17 years ago
Eddy Goodwin
Eddy Goodwin:
my son says they should have parachutes in the buildings now.
April W
April W:
God bless everyone who died this day .
Akeel Abdan
Akeel Abdan:
Our prayer and love for those who died in 9/11
Maggie Gomes
Maggie Gomes:
So sad 9.11.01 will be remembered rip 🥺💔
Codex
Codex:
18 years today. I wasn’t even around or thought about yet but man does it break my heart knowing someone would do that to so many people who haven’t done anything wrong
Aylmao
Aylmao:
My uncles dad was in one of the small building next to the towers during the attack. Thank god he survived
Pat Melton
Pat Melton:
OMG, I am so sorry for you. I cried bitter tears on that day. And I will never forget this day. It broke my heart and I have still not recovered, even now, in 2018 -- 17 years later.
Catherine Garcia
Catherine Garcia:
Poor R.I.P the falling man and the rest that jump :'(
Kr4zy
Kr4zy:
It’s sad that almost as many people have died from cancer as they did on that day.
Itz JuXn
Itz JuXn:
rip to all the people that died that day, may god be with their family members... 🙏🏼
Elver’s_ßoi
Elver’s_ßoi:
He looked so happy in the picture were he was smiling

but he had to make a choice but it’s okay because he’s in heaven looking down on his family
Michelle Hartmann
Michelle Hartmann:
17 years ago and I still feel sad about it..
MilkyMoons
MilkyMoons:
This haunts me every single day
How people lost their lives trying their best to make it out alive
I feel so ashamed that people make fun of this situation
JD God's Child
JD God's Child:
I was off work that day and woke up late to view this terrible attack. I literally cried all day. Went to church that night still crying. Even now when I view these and other pictures the tears start flowing again. Mercy God.
ben nadjib
ben nadjib:
AM MUSLIM AND I NEVER AGREED KILLING INNOCENT PEOPLE.GOING TO WAR AND DEFEND UR COUNTRY YES BUT KILLING SOMOENE WHO GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH WAR NO NO NO
Charles David
Charles David:
It's so sad that happened. Words can really never really describe
Ivett Taboada
Ivett Taboada:
Poor people that day💔😢
Jay Rilley
Jay Rilley:
Like an Eagle who lost it feather and fall into the ground.

Rip :'(
AquaBlade
AquaBlade:
1:34 Seeing all those people about to jump, it just breaks my heart ♥️
Jaydenalbanes Albnaes
Jaydenalbanes Albnaes:
Who here in 2019
Taylor mana12345
Taylor mana12345:
I really do hope he didn't suffer! May he rest in peace!
lina sanchez
lina sanchez:
I'm crying this is so sad
Enrique Mendoza
Enrique Mendoza:
My uncle was on the roof when this happend i miss his so much 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 ryan i miss you so much. You were so kind and nice to everyone and then this happens to you😭😭😭😭😭
Pyro ZNL
Pyro ZNL:
9/11 now 17 years ago
Lexa Love
Lexa Love:
I remember September 11, 2001 like it was yesterday. I remember waking up to my stepmother yelling and calling me to wake up and see what was happening on live tv. I seen the second plane hit on live tv and it broke my heart. At the time I was in high school and believed the world was a safe and wonderful place. 9/11 changed that for me. I feel as if 9/11 robbed us of innocence and a sense of safety and protection in our own country. I will never forget the images I seen on tv. Those images are forever burned into my mind and every year on September 11th it feels just as raw as it did when it happened. This day may have changed us forever but it doesn't define who we are as a nation. We are strong people who will rise and get through any hardships or obstacles that come our way. I have never been more proud to be an American. God bless those whose lives were forever changed by this horrific tragedy. Rest in peace to those we lost and god be with those who survived but still deal with the horror that happened that day. My heart was changed that day and it will never be the same. I will NEVER forget 9/11/2001❤💙
August L
August L:
Hope this have the best life in heaven and there's no plane
leder of wolf packs
leder of wolf packs:
sorry the sister of jonathan hope god can make you borther live again
from.
angela 2019
Just_Love_Most
Just_Love_Most:
People say God has a reason for everything...but what was his reasoning this time?
Brooke Collins
Brooke Collins:
Seeing of the man falling feels like a stab to the heart
Nichlas Suan Danielsen
Nichlas Suan Danielsen:
Even i saw this in 2019... R.I.P....
Tanja Groen
peace and love✌️
victoria cook
victoria cook:
Rip man ❤️
Martha Vlogs
Martha Vlogs:
Hope your all ok up there! It’s been 18 years but no ones forgotten u! Rest in paradise x
Faith Hdzツ
Faith Hdzツ:
2:30 😭💘🙏🏼🙏🏼
garryfh
garryfh:
9/11/19 feels like yesterday ( T ʖ̯ T) ☹️☹️☹️🙏🙏🙏
Brody Thomas
Brody Thomas:
my uncle was the cook on top,rip in peace.
SuJ Juarez
SuJ Juarez:
RIP to everyone who was involved in this date 9/11😢😭💔💔💕💞
BRANDON ROBLES
BRANDON ROBLES:
😭🙏🙏🙏🙏
HextroYt
HextroYt:
R.I.P 🙏
JuliethC.
JuliethC.:
💔💔💔💔💔❤❤❤❤❤❤❤😭😭😭😭😭i feel so bad R.I.P.🙏🙏 😭people who weren't ment to die
rainheart718
rainheart718:
💔💔💔
Ciera
Ciera:
This woman would come to my school and perform plays!
Lil Hummingbird 1
😢😭
Ernesto Barajas
Ernesto Barajas:
😢😭
lowkey lorna
lowkey lorna:
The falling man... we’ll never rly know who he actually was
Denise Escalante
Denise Escalante:
Rip 😪
Blake Matthew
Blake Matthew:
Crazy its been that long ago now. I was in my freshman year in science class when it happened and they turned the tv on right before the second plane hit
Young Skywalker
Young Skywalker:
Icryed when I was watching this
littlewolflover 123
littlewolflover 123:
I might have not been alive when it happened but I cried watching it
linda parsons
linda parsons:
RIP to those who were murdered that day 🙏🏻
Millie Hernandez
Millie Hernandez:
My prayers are with you and your family from the September 2001 I remember that day and we will never forget you all r.i.p may the good Lord bless you and keep you forever
regal insanity
regal insanity:
That must've hurt i feel that
R1s3- Fire344544
R1s3- Fire344544:
God bless who ever died that day. 😪
Cherish Bendy ÒwÓ
Cherish Bendy ÒwÓ:
10 years ago do you mean 19 years ago
And oh one thing cool kids:this is sooo sad...that’s me
Dumb kids:who’s in 2019...not me
Idk kids:um so what know
Studio -S
Studio -S:
Sorry
Logan Wiginton
Logan Wiginton:
I was in 7 grade when this happend and the teachers just left the room for like 20 minutes and came back and turned on the tv and I just watched in shock
Mr.Atomic B
Mr.Atomic B:
I believe he is the falling man, when you examine all the evidence, his choice was not one of self harm, but accepted god.
Corbin Michelson
Corbin Michelson:
Wait, her brother was falling man?
Rayanna Richardson
Rayanna Richardson:
O my god
Dajion Williams
Dajion Williams:
Damn
Melissa Martinez
Melissa Martinez:
That was so sad
Suliman Bundu
Suliman Bundu:
Rip to the people that die🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾
Vickie Finney
Vickie Finney:
Never forget 🇺🇸
ᴄʟᴏᴜᴅʏ Rᴇғʀɪɢᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ
ᴄʟᴏᴜᴅʏ Rᴇғʀɪɢᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ:
18 years ago.... its 2019 rn the world has gotta worst please read this

Turtle being killed is become a meme now

Terrorism has gotta worst

You are probably reading Years later so I just got to tell you to save this Earth we were responsible for it and now our action has make a difference sense 2001 September 11- to 2019 September 11
Nezeriah
Nezeriah:
This was a setup dont @ me
HARSH BADOLA
HARSH BADOLA:
RIP ALL 9/11 INNOCENT VICTIMS.......💐💐💐
Ariston Trazona
Ariston Trazona:
9/11 now 18 years ago
Hoonior Man
Hoonior Man:
So sad😢😥😭
nick bolle
nick bolle:
I hope the made it in heaven I hope I hope
ninjarawr21
ninjarawr21:
Yeah, a real bummer. It was an inside job - a demolition. Sad to see the public has been so brainwashed.
Benedek Porpáczy
Benedek Porpáczy:
Hubert Hubert
Hubert Hubert:
2.1 Billion Dollar for a short before sold real estate..? Too many awkward things around it
Ashley Smith
Ashley Smith:
My teacher told us this and this is sad😥
Sylvia Henry
Sylvia Henry:
🙁😭😢😭😢😓🙁☹😤
Wwe supercard GACHA etc -Abduldaim
Wwe supercard GACHA etc -Abduldaim:
18 years
dcdddddd1
dcdddddd1:
The falling man looks like Jonathan Briley.
sean curtis
sean curtis:
It looks like his hand were cuffed
sims benson
sims benson:
Rest in peace, you all are missed.
natalee needs food
natalee needs food:
God bless everyone stay strong
Michael Carlock
Michael Carlock:
It's sad that even an event like that WE STILL GOT RACISM FLOWING THROUGH THIS COUNTRY.Starting at the WHITE HOUSE WHERE IT'S PROMOTED RECKLESSLY AND VIVIDLY BRINGING THE EVIL OUT OF THE SOUL OF THIS SO CALLED GREAT COUNTRY.RIP TO ALL WHO DIED IN THE BIGGEST COVER UP IN HISTORY.
English
English:
God bless you all
A Flanagan
A Flanagan:
RIP to all those lives taken so unexpectedly and way too soon. May all the terrorists rot in hell
Tea
Tea:
my teachers husband almost burned but frequently their daughter (who was 2 at the time) didnt want to go to her grandmas house and was a pain in the neck so the dad was late to work in the twin towers that same day and got fired 🙏🏽🕊R.I.P to all those beautiful souls who passed away
Issa
Issa:
This is why I always pick up gliders